Rushden Town Council is looking for a full time (37 hours) Communications/Economic Development Officer - LC2 Scale 18-23 (£24,313 - £26,999)
You will be a creative and flexible communications professional who will use your skills to develop and implement internal and external communications campaigns to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including residents, community groups, local authorities and local businesses.
Ideally Educated to degree level (but not essential) , preferably in a marketing/communications professional qualification, you will have experience of developing and implementing promotional and communications campaigns and events across a variety of media and be keen to demonstrate your initiative and creativity as someone familiar with web and print production as well as with the use of social media.
This role will play a part in helping Rushden Town Council to achieve its plans for delivering various projects, generating income from external funding and ensuring the residents of Rushden and other stakeholders are kept fully informed of all our projects and day-today achievements.
For an informal chat about this post please contact Vivienne Prodger (Town Clerk) on 01933 316216
Communications/Economic Development Officer
- Develop and deliver a communications strategy to ensure that residents, staff, and other stakeholders are kept informed and engaged with the Town Council and Rushden.
- In consultation with the Town Clerk, deliver an effective press and media service, including preparing press releases and dealing with media enquiries, in line with the Town Council Media Policy, to protect and enhance the council's reputation.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of media activity against Town Council objectives as well as performance information for all aspects of press and media activity.
- To research and prepare creative copy as appropriate for council publications.
- In consultation with the Town Clerk, ensure the council's written and online publications including social media messages, web pages, newsletter,leaflets, booklets and other materials meet Plain English and Town Council standards.
- Work with the Town Clerk and other officers to improve and maintain the Town Council website to a high standard.
- Attend Town Council and other appropriate events to actively promote both the Town and the Town Council.
- Work with other organisations/authorities to promote tourism opportunities for Rushden
- Develop an Economic Development Strategy for the Town Council
- Locate and bid for new sources of funding – local, national or European
- Conduct surveys and monitor economic trends
- Attract new employers into the area, maintain new business contacts and records of local companies
- Inform councillors about local economic issues
- Give information about projects to local residents and businesses
- Engage with current business and new business within the Town
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be expected by the Town Council, commensurate with the level of the post.
Communications/Economic Development Officer Job Application Form (MS Word, 55 Kb)
Communications/Economic Development Officer Job Application Form