Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
We are delighted the residents of Rushden have recognised the importance of a strong Neighbourhood Plan and have voted to adopt the Rushden Neighbourhood Plan.
This Plan can now be used as part of the planning process and provides a powerful tool to help protect, preserve and improve our Town.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote and to all those who were involved with the writing of the plan.
Please refer to the Declaration of Results document below.
Rushden Town Council
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan Declaration of Results (PDF, 17 Kb)
Rushden Neighbourhood Plan Press Release
Rushden Neighbourhood Plan is a plan created by, and for the people of Rushden. This is an opportunity to try and develop Rushden with an appropriate balance of housing, jobs, infrastructure and sports and leisure facilities, to create a pleasant and sustainable place to live.
REFERENDUM 24TH MAY 2018
An Independent Planning Examiner has recommended that the plan now goes forward for adoption, with the following endorsement I would particularly commend the presentation of the documents and the quality of the plan - your team has done an excellent job- well done' East Northamptonshire Council fully supports this recommendation, the plan and its policies.
The vision of the Rushden Neighbourhood Plan is:
- To provide an appropriate balance of new housing that is of suitable size and type to meet the needs and aspirations of all residents, both now and in the future.
- To improve the environment of Rushden by providing more green, open space and preserving the town's important heritage and biodiversity assets and to ensure the town is an attractive place to live and work.
- To embrace the opportunities created by Rushden Lakes and Rushden East developments and to strive towards a town that balances the needs of its people with jobs and infrastructure.
- To use Rushden Lakes and Rushden East as a catalyst for growth and achieve real economic progress to sustain Rushden's status as North Northamptonshire's 'fourth town'
Adoption of the plan requires a majority 'yes' vote in a local referendum on the question:
'Do you want East Northamptonshire Council to use the Rushden Neighbourhood Plan to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood'
PLEASE NOTE THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF RUSHDEN EAST, THIS IS TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER SEPARATE PUBLIC CONSULTATIONS
Please click on the links below for further information.
The submitted Rushden Neighbourhood Plan can viewed on www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/info/200187/neighbourhood_planning
Rushden Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Version (April 2018)
Neighbourhood Plan Referendum (PDF, 423 Kb)
Rushden Neighbourhood Plan Referendum 24th May 2018
Rushden Neighbourhood Plan Consultations (PDF, 2.5 Mb)
Rushden Neighbourhood Plan Consultations
Rushden Polling Stations 24th May 2018 (PDF, 34 Kb)
Rushden Polling Stations 24th May 2018